SECCHI/HI Level-2 files
This directory contains SECCHI/HI Level-2 files. The L2
directory contains filenames such as "20140101_180501_24h1A_br11.fts". The
meaning of the different parts of this filename is as follows:
(The older L2_1_25 and L2_11_25
directories are previous versions of the Level-2 data generated with
backgrounds subtracted based on running windows of either 1 or 11 days
respectively. These directories are no longer being updated.)
- 20140101 is the observation date, 2014-01-01.
- 180501 is the observation time, 18:05:01 UT.
- 2 represents Level-2.
- 4 is a code for the data units, where 4=Dn/Sec/Pixel, b=Mean Solar
Brightness (MSB), and t=S10. MSB & S10 have the diffuse source correction
- h1 or h2 for HI-1 or HI-2.
- A or B for STEREO-A or STEREO-B.
- br for Buffinton/RAL background subtracted -- a full running window
where the F-corona is computed as the mean of the lowest quartile of pixels.
- 11 is the length of the running window in days, usually either 01 or
11 for HI-1, and 03 or 11 for HI-2.
Information about how these data are generated is available from the
UK Solar System Data Centre.
The L2_SWRI directory contains a separate Level-2 product
from the Southwest
Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado, which is explained in more
Name Last modified Size
Parent Directory -
L2/ 2014-04-30 15:41 -
L2_11_25/ 2009-06-25 13:28 -
L2_1_25/ 2009-12-14 15:04 -
L2_SWRI/ 2015-03-18 19:29 -